March 15, 2020 — Campus Update
Acadia University today is taking additional measures to help prevent the transmission of COVID-19 and support the province’s healthcare system.
As of March 16, 2020, the following changes take effect until further notice:
- Acadia Athletics Complex will close at noon for all users. The closure includes all facilities, services, and programming in the Complex.
- Manning Memorial Chapel will be open for individual reflection, but formal services will cease.
- Wheelock Dining Hall will continue to operate with enhanced sanitary procedures and follow, when possible, social-distancing protocols of two metres between individuals.
- Campus Bookstore (in Wheelock Hall) will remain open but with controlled access and follow, when possible, social-distancing protocols of two metres between individuals.
- All non-essential events on campus, regardless of size, are discontinued. A non-essential event includes parties and social gatherings. It does not include meetings required for the continuing operation of the University. If you are meeting with others for work-related purposes on campus, please follow the recommended social-distancing protocols of two metres between individuals.
Acadia is currently developing work-from-home protocols for individuals and services as appropriate and practical. For now, all faculty and staff are expected to report to work as usual.
Anyone with extenuating circumstances, such as a health condition that would make you more susceptible to the effects of COVID-19, is asked to contact their direct supervisor for assistance and advice. We are striving to be reasonable and fair, and we will be announcing further details on this issue later this week.
These are extraordinary times, and we have been tasked to consider extraordinary measures. Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we work together to rise to the challenges of this worldwide pandemic.